[Free-RTC Discuss] Free software speaker phone

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saghul at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 18:34:43 GMT 2019

This is just a USB sound card. Unless you manufacture your own hardware you’ll never be able to have a fully FLOSS system.

Now, there are software options of course in the form of Acoustic Echo Cancelers. speex has one but the more advanced one comes from libWebRTC. You’d need to make sure that the SIP UA you use uses a good one. At this point, however, you’ll probably be using a sound card, so I don’t see why you wouldn’t want a HW DSP based solution.

Cheers,

-Saúl