[Free-RTC Discuss] Free software speaker phone

karlo at klarinet.osamsb.hr karlo at klarinet.osamsb.hr
Mon Mar 11 10:07:15 GMT 2019

I have in fact been using SIP on a Snom phone. This is not what
I seek; rather, I want to use other hardware or at least a different
operating system.

The immediate prompt for me to do this is that I find it difficult
to configure and debug the phone from its web interface and that
I find the contacts management to be far worse than what I have
on my personal computer. (And this has been the case for me with other
SIP phones.) Rather than learning to program the phone appliance,
I think it is more productive for me to add the necessary sound stuff
to a relatively ordinary personal computer, and to use the same
softphone and contacts managers that I usually use.

Moreover, the ease of modifying the software is worthwhile for its
own sake, as smalls problem like this almost always comes up.