[Free-RTC Discuss] FOSDEM 2020 RTC devroom and Coronavirus

Daniel Pocock daniel at pocock.pro
Sun Feb 9 08:23:23 GMT 2020

On 30/01/2020 09:57, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> On 30/01/2020 07:09, Saúl Ibarra Corretgé wrote:
>> They are going to issue a recommendation. It’s not like roads and airports are going to be closed.
>>
>> Please let’s not take the alarmist route just yet.
>

> I don't mean to sound alarmist, I simply think it is wise to be prepared
> for something that is gaining more significance each day.
>
> If some people don't come for any reason and we have a plan for that, we
> will have less stress on the day

Looks like my sense of intuition is working well, I had a near miss:
Coronavirus passed through Geneva airport (GVA) twice in the days before
FOSDEM.  Right under the nose of the WHO headquarters, if you'll excuse
the pun.  So glad I didn't pick it up and contaminate all of you.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/02/08/15/24478122-7981047-image-a-4_1581177063980.jpg