[Free-RTC Discuss] Free software speaker phone

mail at strfry.org mail at strfry.org
Mon Mar 11 23:07:31 GMT 2019

Hello Kralj,

To get Echo Cancellation with any sound card, note that PulseAudio
already integrates the WebRTC AEC algorithms:
https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/2yqfqp/just_found_that_pulseaudio_have_noise/

Regarding Hardware DSP based things, i am myself very interested in
developing such a thing and did some research into viable options.
Unfortunately, all the chip manufacturers with interesting DSPs try to
keep their AEC firmware blob as an up-sell option.

XMOS at least provides a free (as in beer) license for their AEC
algorithm with their silicon products, as used in
https://www.crowdsupply.com/antimatter-research/acusis , but it still
remains a proprietary blob.

Also, if anyone is interested in maintaining the
libwebrtc-audio-processing library, and/or providing a more easy C
interface for embedded projects, please contact me.

Regards,
Jonathan